- One liter of hydrogen peroxide (usually around $1 at the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup of baking soda (usually under a dollar at the grocery store)
- 1 TBSP Blue Dawn dish detergent
- One pair latex gloves and an apron or over-sized shirt you don’t like, because you don’t want that stink on you!
- Old towels
- Gently mix all ingredients together in a plastic bucket
- Wash affected area, pet, person, whatever it is with the solution
- Be CAREFUL not to get in or near eyes, ears, nose, mouth or any open wounds.
- For people and pets use a washcloth for larger areas and Q-Tips for delicate areas like the furry muzzle of a dog in order to control dripping.
- Rinse with warm water and towel dry
- Repeat if necessary
Skunks are surprisingly intelligent and gentle creatures, but man oh man, do they STINK! If you have a skunk problem in your yard then try visiting this site to find a humane solution to repel skunks.