The weather forecast calls for rain (sad trombone sound.) If you’re a parent this means scrambling to find something to do to entertain your kids who will inevitably start climbing the walls (at my house literally) with all their excess energy. Here are a few ideas to keep them busy and you sane.
Break out the cardboard, tape, and scissors
Bake something awesome
Make some goofy art projects
Build some towers
Convince the kids to wash the floors by calling it indoor ice skating
Ask your kids what this is
Here are a few great websites for kids:
- Go Noodle will get their wiggles out and – fingers crossed – tire them out enough for a nap.
- PBS Kids has an amazing library of activities and videos features characters your kids will know and love.
- Spark curiosity about the world over at National Geographic for Kids.
- Need a good book? Far Faria has tons of children’s books to download.
- Get those little brains excited with Curious World.
- For the little gamer try these educational games at Fun Brain.
- And of course, there is always Netflix.