You have to be coming from Bangor because that’s really the only way I know how to get there.
- Find Route 1 and drive until you go around that sharp corner on the left where the scary-ass house is (the one that I am shocked people don’t literally drive into.)
- Keep going until you smell the stink of low-tide coming from the left side of the road.
- Somewhere on the right is a road sign, I think it says Mt. Waldo. Turn right there.
- Drive up the steep hill. Make sure your car isn’t a beater, it might not make it.
- When you start to see some sketchy cars parked then pull over.
- Lock down your stuff, exit the car, and start climbing up the quarry blocks.
- Don’t step on all the broken beer bottle glass.
- Ignore the burning mattress in the woods (I’m not even kidding…I saw this twice.)
- Climb all the way to the top.
- Once there, choose a spot to throw your towel that doesn’t have broken glass.
- Eye up the water. Note where that janky-as-hell looking rusty crane is sitting just below the water. Ask yourself when was the last time you had a tetanus shot.
- Take some selfies with the bad 90’s graffiti art in the background. Jump off a lower level cliff.