Not vaccinating your kids is dumb. And dangerous. So dangerous, in fact, that I would rather let my kids do the following things before I’d let them go without their immunizations.
- Jump into the Frankfort Quarry
- Track a bear while wearing a suit of chocolate donuts and bacon grease
- Play a fun round of Edward 40 Hands
- Shoot off discount clearance fireworks
- Play with a rabid raccoon
- Listen to Nickleback
- Touch a live wire “No line is safe to touch, evah!”
- Eat clams from a red tide
- Run through a tick infested field
- Pick a bouquet of hog weed
- Shoot rats at the local dump
- Shoot each other with BB guns
- Play drunken lawn darts
- Play Five Finger Fillet
- Drag race with lawn mowers
- Shake hands with an unvaccinated person
Not having your kids immunized against dangerous diseases that kill people is irresponsible and misguided at best. Unless you are one of the exceedingly rare cases in which the vaccine itself causes horrific allergic reaction then you have no argument for putting my kids and our communities in harm’s way.
Get the damn vaccines, people.